Saturday 11 December 2010

Appendix F: Moondance by Van Morrison

Another second year module for Popular Music and Music Technology is Session Musicianship. This module allows development of session skills and studio performance techniques through participating in studio recording and performance sessions. Session Musicianship helps to develop sight reading, transcriptions, aural memory, critical listening and improvisation which is necessary for articulation in a modern session environment.

For one of our sessions, we were given Moondance by Van Morrison to practice, develop and perform within a 2 hours. I played my ukulele in this session as I thought it would be perfect for this type of arrangement.

Moondance by Van Morrison:

The final result was effective and worked well within the session group.Unfortunately, I was unable to get a recording of our performance but I will soon upload my own recording.



Time Spent: 
2 hours practicing
1 hour blogging
22 hours total

No comments:

Post a Comment