Saturday 26 March 2011

Appendix S: While my guitar gently weeps

Back when I received my ukulele for Christmas, I was searching Youtube to see what videos had been uploaded regarding ukuleles and the types of songs they were used for. I came across someone called Jake Shimabukuro who is a ukulele virtuoso from Hawaii who is most know for his version of 'While my guitar gently weeps' written by George Harrison.


This video has had over 7.5 million views since it was uploaded in 2006- although many of the views were probably from me....

In my opinion, this is one of the hardest songs to learn on the ukulele which is why I have left it until now to attempt to learn it. I feel that I have progressed well enough to do so. As this is also quite a lengthy song, I will practice it page by page and hopefully bring everything together.

I downloaded the music as a PDF from the archives of Uke Hunt. It has 7 pages in total.



Time spent:
1 hours research
3 hour practicing
1 hour blogging
85 hours total

No comments:

Post a Comment