Sunday 27 February 2011

Appendix O: Jolene by Ray LaMontagne

The other night I watched the 2010 film "The Town" which was directed by Ben Affleck. During the end credits, I recognised the voice of the singer which was quite husk. After a little research on the good old internet, I found that the artist was Ray LaMontagne. You may be most familiar which his biggest hit "Trouble". The song that was used during the end credits was called "Jolene" which is off the same 2004 studio album "Trouble".

I found myself really enjoying this song so I decided to do a ukulele version. This took some time as there are no ukulele chords for this song. I had to find the original guitar chords and then transpose them for the ukulele. After a couple of hours of practicing and recording, I ended up with an effective version of "Jolene". I think the reason why it works so well is because it fits with the folk genre of the song.

Here is "Jolene" By Ray LaMontagne....


I am also inclined to do a ukulele version of "Trouble" as that is too, a great song! keep posted....

Time Spent:
1 hour research
2 hours practicing
3 hours recording and creating video
1 hour blogging
67 hours total

No comments:

Post a Comment